Dark Nebulae Online
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Dark Nebulae Online is an atmospheric blending of classic top-down space combat with modern strategy elements. The game is in early alpha and has free open access.
- Explore: Chart a dark and dangerous region of space with few resources, harsh competition and a malevolent intelligence waiting for its chance to strike.
- Expand: Build a fleet of AI controlled ships you lead into combat. Construct star-bases in deformable asteroids to control territory.
- Exploit: Carve out asteroids to find rare resources and power your fleet.
- Exterminate: Conquer (or ally with) the other species who are trapped in the Nebulae with you.
Development is currently focused on refining the core gameplay elements and building solid network code, and many features are not complete. The open source Godot game engine is the core behind this game. and a free server runs the cloud.
Join our forum to make feature requests, report issues and help drive this
- 3 player factions and 1 AI faction with unique motherships and fighters.
- Support for dedicated servers, a free cloud serve.
- In-game chat, persistent scores, and custom low-latency networking that allows each player to control a real-time fleet.
- An intelligent hivemind boss that directs an army of minons against you and the other players.
- Atmospheric graphics and music with unique 2D lighting and effects.
- Physics-based UI
- Deformable asteroids.
|Release date||Mar 04, 2018|
|Tags||2D, godot, Multiplayer, Real time strategy, Space, Space Sim, Top down shooter|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
- Godot texture interaction tipsAug 27, 2018
- Why Godot game engine is awesome - Part 1Jul 22, 2018
- Dark Nebulae 2.3.0 Alpha ReleaseJun 03, 2018
- Community forum, new ships, new audio systemApr 20, 2018
- Dark Nebulae Online Alpha Update and TrailerApr 15, 2018
- Massive improvements to networking and UIApr 01, 2018
- Dark Nebulae 1.3 - UI ExplorationMar 18, 2018
- Dark Nebulae 1.2 UpdateMar 10, 2018