Dark Nebulae 1.2 Update
Alpha 1.2 is now released for Dark Nebulae Online. It contains new ship, weapon and station art. A map redesign with new bases, some performance optimizations and new login screen. There is also a sneak peek of a deadly cosmic horror that has been lurking in the nebula. Please try out the game and let me know what you think.
- Only projectiles you personally fire have lighting effects, this could cause performance issues on some computers when many bullets were fired.
- All projectiles are shaded to match their faction color.
- As per request, new weapons are being designed. New art for bombs and missiles of various types have been added, but the weapons are not accessible yet.
- There is now a physical boundary to keep players from drifting too far out.
- The bases were redesigned using larger settings for the tilemaps, this should improve both performance and wall collisions
- A large new base was designed and is at the bottom of the map. It is intended for a boss fight later.
- The base at the top is no longer populated with bots and will be phased out.
- Some new station and floor art has been integrated.
- Zarkavan faction now has unique ship art and a mothership, they spawn at the bottom base.
- All factions have new ship art for future new ship classes. This is not yet accessible.
- New explosions! Now they use particle effects instead of an animated sprite.
This update breaks compatability with the last version, so a client update will be required. I do check the client version upon server login so if you get an error, just download the latest client. If you subscribe to the game via itch.io it can auto-update new clients in the future.
- New weapons types
- New ship classes
- Mobile motherships
- New AI enemies and a co-op boss
- Capture-able stations
- Resource collection
Get Dark Nebulae Online
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.